Tuesday 23 March 2010

The wonders a little bit of music can have...

Now, I'm not pretending I know a great deal about music and the way in which it is produced and all the rest of it...In fact, my knowledge on music is pretty much up there with my knowledge on technology, computers in particular, which is not a lot to say the least.
But there are times when I really am transfixed with some times of music and the impact it can have your emotions. Certain songs which can remind you of a hard or upsetting time which can dampen your mood almost instantly. Or older, classic songs which take you back to your childhood, bringing with an instant influx of memories. Upbeat songs which can lift even the worst of moods. It's power never ceases to amaze me.
The one song I listen to over and over again and is often on repeat on my ipod, is the sunscreen song released by Baz Luhrmann in 1999. This song got played at my High School back when I was 16 and leaving to go onto college. Ever since then this song has lifted my mood and set me back onto the right path just after one listen.
The lyrics are incredible and remind me of the time I left school, which was a hard time for me with all the change. But it also reminds me of the future and the amazing opportunities I have been given at University and that I really need to take hold of this and make the most of my abilities.
A life without music, would equal in a very dull silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment